Thursday, April 8, 2010

Report of my return to Liberia, West Africa - March 2010


"Lord I have heard the news about You, I am amazed at what You have done. Lord, do great things once again in our time, make those things happen again in our own days. " Habakkuk 3:2

This tree is a living picture of what I experienced on my return to Liberia after the devastation of civil war. Most, if not all the coconut trees that grew along the beach where I grew up were cut down for food by refugees. This tree was cut down for dead, but there was a remnant root still connected to nourishment. It continued to grow! Life from death! Yes, with Almighty God, that becomes reality. I saw it over and over again in the eyes and lives of my dear Liberian brothers and sisters, who painstakingly shared near death stories of how God preserved them.

I want to share the three weeks of my journal with you. It may take time, as I want to add pictures, that speak more than words. So keep coming back to my blog for updates ... I invite you to walk with me through a journey full of joy and thanksgiving for God's greatness.

1 comment:

  1. What a marvelous report of amazing grace! Thank you for all you did and continue to do for these dear Liberians.

    ReplyDelete