Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tuesday, March 16th

Christine and I went to the UN Mission In Liberia (UNMIL) Radio Station run by the UN. We had a 45 minute interview about what our team is doing in Liberia. We both were able to share our testimony and speak very openly about Jesus. We both talked about dancing with our scars and how God has personally moved us to a healthy lifestyle.

At 12:30 we went to the College of West Africa where I graduated from High School. As I walked up the front steps and into the hallway to the assembly room, I felt like I went back in time. I spoke in the assemble to the 9th - 12th graders. I shared about the one thing I didn't like about CWA, and that was having to wear 'white socks'. They all laughed so hard. I used that as a jumpin off point to help them realize there are a lot of thigs we don't like in life, but most of them are for a season. I encouraged them to do their best in school as it is a precious opportunity to build the future of Liberia. I shared Psalm 139:11-17 where they are one of a kind and very valued by God.

An hour after we left the school, I saw one of the boys from the school on the street selling electrical plugs, to earn extra money. These are the ones who need to find Jesus. They might be snatched away by others who might lead them down a dark path. These are the youth we want to see come to Christ.

Christine and I went out for Fufu and Callard Greens soup. OHHHHH, what a wonderful meal.

We stopped by the Capital to see Vice President Boakai again.

We found out the OM LOGOS HOPE Ship line-up man was in town. So we met with him. The ship will be coming to Liberia in Aug 6-27, 2010 do do medical, dental and educational work in Liberia. There are 400 on board. It would be great to be a part of that team, who knows!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment