Monday, April 12, 2010

Saturday, March 20th


The Women's Aglow Breakfast 3rd year anniversary breakfast was held at the PA's Rib House, Lapazee, Sinkor. Christine and I shared the morning with Vice President Boakai's wife, Kartumu. She is a woman who lives to pray. CooCoo also came. We celebrated the goodness of God in worship and dance!

I met a lot of influential Liberian women, who had heartbreaking stories of how they survived the war, and how they now desired to rebuild Liberia for Jesus' sake. I heard stories of how many ran through the bush for their lives with their families. One told me of how she spoke with ones who killed her father, sharing a Bible with him. The terror is still much alive in some of their hearts. It was an honor to cry and pay with many of them.

I shared my story Dancing with my Scars, and how to move beyond forgiveness. This is something that is possible as we work through our sorrow and trauma.

After a wonderful morning of celebration, Christine dropped me off at ELWA guest house. Dan was already in the middle of a Press Conference with representatives from major new papers and radio stations. It was held in our living room.

We were able to share openly about our faith and why we had returned to Liberia. YFC representatives were also interview, as their music team was a vital part in leading the worship during the Youth Rallies. I was able to meet other team members who arrived with Dan.

As I moved from Christine's guest house (REAP) to ELWA guest house for the rest of our stay in Liberia, my heart was warmed knowing this was the place on earth where most of my 'growing up in Jesus' took place.

My heart was overwhelmed that my Heavenly Father allowed me to return HOME TO MY HEART! This is a place where much physical change has happened, but where God's goodness, faithfulness and love remains the same.

We met Nene Wankollie and her daughter Janga who oversee the guest house. Her husband Joe Wankollie is the Acting SIM Liberia Associate Director working with Ben Colby the Director. I also met with James Kesselley.

I met JanJay and Dewbbah Greene who story told of God's protection during the war. Many of their friends were forced into the war, but God protected them as they hid. They are going to Carver Mission now. These are some of the young Liberians who we need to pray will make wise choices and follow after the heart of God.

In the evening we went to Christine's home for good Liberian Chop with REAP, YFC staff and some of the Pastors of churches where the Rallies will be held. We were able to fellowship, pray and finalize some of the details for the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment